14 Things You Need To Know About Costco's Egg Bites
1. You Can Find The Egg Bites In Costco's Refrigerated Deli
Costco sells the egg bites in their refrigerated deli area, item numbers 1238935 and 1360484.
Costco packages the egg bites in sets of four, with each set containing two individual egg bites per pack for a total of eight egg bites. The egg bites are gluten-free and made in the USA.
Have You Tried Costco's Egg Bites?
Let the rest of the Costco Food Database community know what you thought of this product. Results and reviews are at the bottom of this page.
Please allow 24 hours for review moderation and approval.
2. Costco Sells 2 Flavors Of Egg Bites
According to the Three Bridges website, they sell eight different egg bite flavors, but Costco only carries two of them.
- The Cheese and Uncured Bacon Egg Bites feature fluffy mini muffin-shaped eggs filled with uncured bacon and a three-cheese blend.
- The Spinach and Bell Pepper Egg White Bites are mini muffin-shaped egg whites, bell peppers, and creamy cheeses.
3. They Are An Amazing Breakfast Option
These egg bites from Costco check off all the boxes for the perfect breakfast item. They are delicious, easy to heat, filling, and they have 15 to 20 grams of protein per serving.
You really can’t ask for a better breakfast food option.
4. These Egg Bites Are A starbucks Copycat
Starbucks has a very similiar breakfast item in their stores. They sell Egg White & Roasted Red Pepper Egg Bites as well as Bacon & Gruyere Egg Bites. These are nearly identical in name and ingredients to the Three Bridges Egg Bites from Costco.
This is not suprising as Costco also sells a bacon gouda egg breakfast sandwich which is also a direct clone of the popular Starbucks’ version
5. Costco Now Sells Starbucks Branded Egg Bites
In the summer of 2023, Costco added the official Starbucks-branded egg bites to their stores. The 10-pack of egg bites sells for $14.79 or $2.95 per twin pack. Costco only carries the bacon and gruyere flavored Starbucks egg bites.
The Starbucks egg bites sold at Costco are nearly identical in ingredients and nutrition to the ones sold in Starbucks stores. However, they are manufactured by a third-party company called Cuisine Solutions rather than Starbucks.
6. Costco Sells The Three Bridges Egg Bites For $10.99
Costco sells Three Bridges Egg Bites in eight-count packs for $10.99 each. Each twin pack breaks down to $2.75 or $1.37 per individual egg bite.
Costco has also discounted the egg bites in the past, bringing the price down to $7.69. This is a 30% discount and drops the price of each egg bite down to $0.96. An amazing deal!
7. Costco's Three Bridges Egg Bites Are 40% less Than The Price At other Retailers
Target sells a two pack of Three Bridges Cheese & Bacon Egg Bites for $4.49. The per egg bite price is $2.25, which is 63% more expensive than Costco’s price. Safeway sells the same pack of Egg Bites for $4.49 as well.
As expected, Costco’s egg bites come out way ahead in price. If you like these Egg Bites, it will be hard to beat Costco’s price, which is nearly 40% less than retail stores.
8. The Egg Bites Are Creamy and Delicious
I had the pleasure of trying both flavors of egg bites, and I couldn’t help but fall in love. The egg bites were wonderfully creamy and had a fluffy texture thanks to the sous vide cooking method. Eggs are hard to get right, but Three Bridge’s eggs tasted moist and delicious. Kudos to them!
Maybe A Little Too Creamy
If I had one complaint, it’s that the egg bites were slightly too creamy. The creaminess tasted great but was almost overpowering, making the egg white bites and the bacon bites taste nearly identical to me.
9. Don't Be Fooled By The Toppings
The additional ingredients used to flavor the Costco egg bites aren’t mixed into the egg itself but mostly reside on top.
Visually, this is impressive as the egg bite looks full of ingredients and flavor, but once you take a bite, you can see that they are just toppings for the egg bites.
10. You Can Cook The Egg Bites In 90 Seconds
The Costco Egg Bites are super easy to heat, a must for a quick morning breakfast. The Egg Bites only need 90 seconds in the microwave and come out perfectly.
Three Bridge Egg Bite Cooking Instructions
- Peel back the film and remove the paper tray.
- Discard outer packaging.
- In a paper tray, microwave the egg bites uncovered on high for 90 seconds.
- Ensure internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let rest for 1 minute before serving the Costco Egg Bites.
11. The Egg Bites Develop A Nice Crust In The Air Fryer
An alternative to microwaving the egg bites is air frying them. It takes longer to cook, but the outer edges develop a nice, delicious crust.
- Preheat Air Fryer to 350°F
- Remove both egg bites from the packaging and place in the preheated air fryer.
- Cook for 11 minutes at 350°F or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from the air fryer and let the egg bites cool for about a minute.
12. There Are Fun Ways To Eat The Egg Bites
Most of us will pop these in our mouths as is or add a little bit of hot sauce, but you can actually use the egg bites in fun and creative recipes.
Some of my favorite uses of the egg bites from the Three Bridges website are the spam musubi, pulled pork egg bite pizza, and the chile verde egg bite tacos.
13. The Costco Egg Bites Have Between 220 CAlories and 310 Calories
Each serving consists of two sous-vide egg bites, with 220 calories for the spinach and egg white egg bites and 310 calories for the bacon and cheese egg bites.
Cheese and Bacon Egg Bite Calories
- Calories: 310
- Total Fat 25g (32% DV)
- Cholesterol:255mg (85% DV)
- Sodium 480mg (21% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 2g (1% DV)
- Protein 20g (40% DV)
Spinach and Bell Pepper Egg Bite Calories
- Calories: 220
- Total Fat 16g (21% DV)
- Cholesterol:45mg (15% DV)
- Sodium 420mg (18% DV)
- Carbohydrates: 7g (2% DV)
- Protein 15g
The Spinach Bell Pepper Egg White Bites are the lower calorie and lower fat option, coming in at 220 calories and 16 grams of fat.
The Cheese and bacon Egg Bites are not unhealthy but contain more calories and a moderate amount of fat per serving. They also have significantly more cholesterol (5 times more) than the Spinach and Bell Pepper Egg Bites.
Which Egg Bite is Better For Weight Loss?
If the goal is weight loss, go with the Egg Bites made with Egg Whites, Spinach, and Bell Pepper.
If you are looking for a tasty and filling breakfast option, then the Cheese and Uncured Bacon Egg Bites are the pick for you.
14. Costco Food Database Users Love Them!
Have you tried this item? Let the rest of the Costco Food Database community know what you think. Leave a rating and review for this product.
Easy to Cook Costco Egg Bites Recipe + Tips
- 1 Air Fryer
- 1 Pack Egg Bites (Bacon and Cheese or Spinach and Bell Pepper
- Hot Sauce of Your Choosing
- Microwave InstructionsPeel back the film and remove the paper tray.Discard outer packaging.In a paper tray, microwave the egg bites uncovered on high for 90 seconds. Ensure internal temperature reaches 165°F. Let rest for 1 minute before serving the Costco Egg Bites.
- Air Fryer InstructionsPreheat Air Fryer to 350°FRemove both egg bites from packaging and place in preheated air fryer.Cook for 11 minutes at 350°F or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Remove from air fryer and let the egg bites cool for about a minute.
- Top with your favorite hot sauce (optional)
Greg Larkin is the founder and managing editor of Costco Food Database, the premiere site for honest takes on all things Costco food. A self-proclaimed Costco super-fan since childhood, Greg turned his obsession in a mission to properly rate and review all of Costco’s delicious buys. When he’s not busy navigating Costco aisles, you can find Greg smoking Kirkland Signature meats, meal prepping, or perfecting his homemade jerky recipes.